Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thanks Heishman!

Thank you Amy Heishman for reintroducing me and giving me a reason to be back on Blogger! ..though, I have to change it around a bit..not doing the Couch to 5k anymore. Instead I'm training to do the Avon 2Day Walk for Breast Cancer..which is a feat in itself...39.3 miles in two days...26.2-Day 1. Right now we are up to walking 6 miles for our endurance walks, which I love the long walk days..but, my walking and training buddy Kristy does not like..:D Next Saturday we are moving up to 8 miles! I have to find a new place to walk..we currently train mostly at the Greenway in Gastonia, but its going to start getting old to be walking back forth..esp on the end that seems to go nowhere and ends on Hudson. >.<>

Speaking of Avon Walk..we have scored our first real fundraising event..Pizza Night at Simonetti's in Belmont..so, local peeps be prepared..Event coming soon! August 15th, we are going to be at Simonetti's..He is going to be giving 10% of proceeds for the day to us! We have to bring the customers in..so, I'm in the process of creating a poster and hitting up my friends! :D

2 comments: