Thursday, July 29, 2010

Its been a crazy week or so...

So, its been a crazy two weeks..I adopted a kitten that I have named so far PITA, toying with other names (Pain in the A$$)..but, only say in the most lovingly way. Its been interesting to say the least, seeing as this is my first cat. I don't really like the 20+ attempt sneak attacks of my feet a day. Its like either she's sleeping or in attack mode. I completely slacked off on my workouts last week. I missed some of my walking days..but, I did keep up with the most important day of the week..my 8 mi walk over the weekend. It was weird because I did it at the gym. The most entertaining part was, I was able to read a book while I was walking. It was an endurance walk so I set my speed to 3.5 and went..thats a nice speed where you feel like you are going somewhere but still able to stare at a book with out falling on your face. (The book I was reading was Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen...which I loved..I love her writing..such a fan. Can't wait to read her new one.) It was nice to be inside in the A/C..but, I missed being able to be outside in the sunshine, seeing trees galore and actually feeling like I'm accomplishing something by knowing that I am going some place rather than on a stationary machine...

This week I've done much better with my training..I worked hard on my 3 mi days. My times have gotten much better ..Minutes have been melting off. This weekend, we are moving up to 10 mi on Sat..looking foward to it..Its prob going to take 3 hrs, but when I finish..I feel great...and am usually hungry as hell. Did make a mistake of going to Cici's last week..but, its alright..my diet has been going rather well this week as well..like tonight I made Jerk Chicken, with Couscous and peas...it was yummy..Pita attempted to get into my plate, so I would like to think that she agrees. I hope all of my hard work this week shows on the scale. I'd like to drop some more weight before I go back to work in a few weeks..I can't believe the summer has gone by so quickly! Alright just realized Glee was on...so I'm going to go watch Wheels for probably the 20th time.

No comments:

Post a Comment