Monday, January 3, 2011

If I won the lottery..

Beware of serious venting of current financial situation. (You have been warned.)

it has been a favorite past time to think what would I get if I won the lottery. When I was little I used to compile a list of all the things I would buy..new cars for everyone in my family, travel, travel, travel, buy a new house, probably some pretty extravagant stuff..nowadays, all I can think about is I would pay off all of my debt and then save the rest..okay, maybe I would travel a bit..but, first I'm paying off EVERYTHING. I've been trying to use a new system to keep me accountable, but..it still hasn't worked this month. The system is for spending money I'm always going to use cash. Well, I slightly broke it with an absolute necessity, but I had to do it. I used my debit card to get gas and I had to fill up three times already this pay period from going up to Maryland to visit my mom. And I am definitely going to have to fill up a few more times before the end of the month because I drive around all the time with my second job. I really wish they paid me milage!! The frustrating thing is that I just don't get paid enough money. the world is becoming more and more expensive and because of the state of education these days, our salary is getting cut more and more. I am just about finished with this profession. Its pretty sad that I love what I do, but I really can't afford to do it anymore. I'm thinking about going into healthcare..I've been told I have a natural knack for physical therapy..so, perhaps I'll look into it.

In one of my favorite books, the heroine is getting a lecture from her father about her finances..and this is something has always stuck in my mind when it comes to my debt, he says "you need to either spend less or make more money" and it totally makes sense but, incredibly hard to accomplish..right now, I am just about down to the bare minimum with what I am spending. I am trying to be more thrifty when I choose the products that I purchase, and have been avoiding going out to eat like the plague..but, I just don't make enough money. Its really pathetic to look at my bank account after all my necessary bills are paid. Another thing that will alleviate the financial pressure is getting a roommate. Hopefully that will be rectified by this summer. :) I only have one more year left on my car...but, maybe I should bite the bullet and sell it and get a super cheap car, then I don't have to worry about a car payment anymore. So, the answer to my financial problems is that I have to do what I have to do to get through this month, and then hunker down and not spend any money while looking for a new job. I dream of having one job that has benefits that I pays me enough to survive plus some. Who knows if it will ever happen. Its definitely not going to have in the environment that I am in right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment